Monday, September 29, 2008

Everybody....meet Greta!!!!!


It is my great pleasure to introduce you all to Greta Emmaline Berkram. Born September 29, 2008 at 4:43p.m. at the Bozeman Deaconess Hospital. Greta weighs 6 lbs. 11 oz. and is 20.5 inches long. She and her mama are doing incredibly well and are currently sitting beside me at the hospital hanging out. We came to the hospital this morning at about 7:45 a.m. for a somewhat scheduled induction. Yesterday, Kristi had some activity and we were all hoping for a natural beginning. When we arrived and met with Dr. Wheeler, we decided that the inducement was the way to go.....and then away we went. By noon, things were moving fairly quickly. Due to the pain factor, Kristi received an epidural. Once the epidural took effect, Dr. Wheeler broke Kristi's water. Kristi progressed EXTREMELY quickly surprising pretty much everyone, including me. When she bagan pushing, little Greta arrived after about 1/2 hour. Mom was on picture taking detail and Angie was on the support crew. I was manning one of the legs with a view I cannot begin to explain. Kristi is AMAZING! I mean Kristi is EXTREMELY AMAZING. She brought our little miracle in with style and grace which I have never seen. Once Greta made her appearance, Mom screamed "It's a Boy!!" and then realized what she thought was a penis was in fact the ambilicle chord. Anyway, as usual, we all had an incredible delivery with lots of laughs, tears, joy and just extreme excitement.


Once G Girl arrived, I had the pleasure of giving her her first bath. She really loved the warm water and the attention. I think I am still in a little bit of shock of becoming a Dad for the first time. Kristi and I have a room with a double bed and get to spend our first night as a family. I was trying to figure out how to sneak the boys (Bentley and Wrigley) in to the hospital and figured they may frown on that. We will get to be together either tomorrow or Wednesday night.


I went home to pick up some things to stay over night. When I walked through the door, The Huschka's, Mom and Pam were partying and celebrating. They all cheered and hugged and certainly warmed my heart. I thank them all for the love and support today and helping me get through the difficult parts as well as celebrating the good stuff. The nurses commented that they had never seen so many pictures being taken in a deliver room. Greta handled it with class and style and instantly became the life of the party.

3 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Congrats!!!! She is beautiful, cant wait to meet her!

Katie said...

what a gorgeous little ladybug. kristi and cory did good! enjoy those little infant sounds and smells cause they don't last as long as you like them too.

xoxoxo
us

Mike Sandi Drennon said...

Greta Girl you are just as beautiful as that momma of yours! Welcome to our family. You are a perfect little fit and we love you very very much!

Kristi and Cory way to go! I mean WAY to go! Cory I am so happy for you and just know you must be feeling out of this world. Enjoy those little ladies of yours. You have a great thing going and they have you! How more perfect could it be.

We love you all and just can't wait to see you some time very soon. It is so hard being here with you all there. I am happy for Mom and Dad and Carol and Pami to be a part of this very special time.

Love to you all! Greta... Aunt Sandi Loves you!